Address :
YamnaCo Ltd 27 Old Gloucester Street London WC1N 3AX, UNITED KINGDOM

Norway announces competitive bidding process for the production of H2 for maritime use

PUBLICATIONS /
/
Norwegian state-owned Enova SF, under the Klima- og miljødepartementet, will provide investment support via a competitive bidding process for projects that will produce H2 for use in the maritime industry.
With the applications to the first round set to be concluded by 5 September 2024, the tender aims for the production of renewable H2 with the support rate limited to 80% of the project's approved additional costs. The projects will compete within its locality (based on price areas for power such as Southern Norway, Mid Norge and Northern Norway)
Applicants are ranked based on subsidy effectiveness equating to 70% of the score and business plan maturity equating to the remaining 30% of the score.
Here’s our take at Yamna!

Here are some publications that may interest you

Port Decarbonisation – A Case Study for hydrogen

The global maritime sector is set to grow threefold by 2050 and is already responsible for 3% of the global…

Read more
It's no secret that today's aviation sector is critical for economic and social growth. But this sector heavily relies on fossil fuels and hence arises the issue with emissions.
The Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) case

It's no secret that today's aviation sector is critical for economic and social growth. But this sector heavily relies on…

Read more
The definition of “low carbon hydrogen” by various hydrogen consumers

Major hydrogen consumer markets such as the EU, the USA, Japan and South Korea have now clarified their definition of…

Read more
Clean hydrogen subsidy tracker (January 2024)

2022 to 2024 has been pivotal for the hydrogen industry with the announcement of multiple subsidy programs for the production…

Read more
Australia launches ‘Hydrogen Headstart’, its first nation-wide Green H2 subsidy program

With an estimated project pipeline of $300 billion, and a massive renewable energy potential, Australia aims to be a champion…

Read more
Green molecules or Green Electrons: Is producing green H2 and transporting via H2 pipelines across intercontinental distances (<5000 km) the best option?

Due to long distances between hydrogen production hubs (low-carbon energy resources) and demand centers (industrial hubs), there is an urgency…

Read more